CARPOOL and Traffic
Travis Student Drop-off / Pick-up Policy
Arrival: 4th and 5th grade car riders and walkers will enter through the south door on McKinney Avenue. 6th-8th grade car riders and walkers will enter through the main entrance near the marquee on McKinney Avenue. Bus riders will enter through the Sneed Street entrance.
Dismissal: 4th-6th grade car riders and walkers will be released to the lawn on McKinney. 7th and 8th grade car riders and walkers will be released to the "triangle" through the door at the corner of Allen St and McKinney. Bus riders will exit through the Sneed Street doors to their assigned buses.
Please be courteous to fellow drivers, patient with carpool, and abide by the following guidelines:
* When approaching McKinney Avenue for drop-off or pick-up, do not merge into the carpool line on McKinney unless you can do so without blocking an intersection. The main carpool line runs along Allen Street from Cole to McKinney/ Oak Grove. When the car line on McKinney is full, please loop around the campus to join the back of the line on Allen.
* Do not block any intersection, including the one at Allen Street and Cole Avenue. If you are waiting in the car line on Allen, please do not block the trolley turning from Cole onto Allen, and do not block crosswalks or parking lot entrances and exits.
* Do not leave your vehicle unattended on McKinney or Allen Street.
* Do not double up the car line on Allen. Please stay in the lane next to the campus.
* When waiting to turn onto McKinney from Allen, leave adequate space at the light (two car lengths) for other drivers who need to turn left onto McKinney or Oak Grove.
If you prefer to park when dropping off or picking up your student, parking is available across Allen Street and in the surrounding neighborhood.
- Tuesday, May 17
- Wednesday, May 18
- Thursday, May 19
- Friday, May 20
- Sunday, May 22
- Monday, May 23
- Tuesday, May 24
- Wednesday, May 25
- Thursday, May 26
- Friday, May 27
- Monday, May 30
- Tuesday, May 31
- Friday, August 12
- Monday, September 19