What is the Site-Based Decision Making Committee (SBDM)?
The Site-Based Decision Making Committee serves as an advisory council to the principal. The SBDM committee is comprised of campus staff, parents, business and community representatives. SBDM is designed to be the umbrella under which school-related issues, activities, and initiatives are discussed.
The recommendations and suggestions made by the committee should align with the campus improvement plan and promote student achievement. Ultimately, it is the principal who is responsible for the instructional and operational functions of the campus and therefore, final decisions are reserved for the principal. As school related issues occur or school activities and initiatives evolve, the SBDM committee may authorize a sub-committee to convene to resolve the issue or improve the activity or initiative.
Travis SBDM Committee Members, 2021-22
- Chair: Julia Herchen - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice Chair: Lew Blackburn
- Scribe: April Castillo
- Facilitator/Timekeeper: Hasani Wilburn
- Evaluation and Modification Subcommittee Chair: Lew Blackburn
- Curriculum Instruction and Assessment Subcommittee Chair: Alison Evans
- Budget Subcommittee Chair: John Thomas
- Facilities and Safety Subcommittee Chair: Courtney Templin
- TAG Advocacy and Public Relations Subcommittee Chair: Stacy Wester
- Coordinated School Health Subcommittee Chair: Karen Graves
- Retention and Attrition Subcommittee Chair: Luvy Amaya
- At-Large Member: Sharon Mayes
- At-Large Member: Ricardo Rodriguez (works with CI&A Subcommittee)
If you have a question or would like to help out on a particular subcommittee, please contact the chair. Topics of discussion you would like to have addressed at a meeting need to be sent to the chair 48 hours before the scheduled meeting.
Please click here for a list of our SBDM campus bylaws.
- Tuesday, May 17
- Wednesday, May 18
- Thursday, May 19
- Friday, May 20
- Sunday, May 22
- Monday, May 23
- Tuesday, May 24
- Wednesday, May 25
- Thursday, May 26
- Friday, May 27
- Monday, May 30
- Tuesday, May 31
- Friday, August 12
- Monday, September 19